The Lightning Thief is Now the Role Thief: Logan Lerman Up For The Spider-Man Reboot

Logan Lerman just finished his portrayal of Percy Jackson in the film adaption of Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief and he's already becoming a rising star. The movie was better then I expected, but it's not the best book remade into a movie I have seen as can be read in my review.But I was happy with the film, mainly because I liked the casting choices and how in dark scenes like the Underworld scene they lightened the mode with Grover's humor, but I especially enjoyed Lerman's performance.


Although the movie cut off about the whole first half of the book, Logan's performance was pretty good. He reminded me of Shia LaBeouf in Transformers (confused and not having any idea about he's past). But now rumors are spreading that due to the Spider-Man 4 reboot, Lerman may be on the list. He does have some Peter Parker qualities in him but I don't think he is ready for such a big role yet. I mean he's still in that whole movie version of books stage.

But he does have potential, and if there looking for a young fresh actor ready to make his breakthrough then why not. But if there looking for the next Tobey Maguire they better keep looking. Now I think Lerman was a little to old to be the Lightning Thief because in the book Percy is twelve, but as far as Peter Parker goes I think he fits the bill. I mean after all I don't even see Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker any more after his role in the movie Brothers.


So could Logan Lerman be stealing the role of Spider-Man from Tobey? Who knows, guess we will just have to wait and see.