Catwoman and Bane Casted In Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises

After the Golden Globes this weekend, director Christopher Nolan said he had big news about The Dark Knight Rises which included characters and casting. Well now the big news has arrived, the characters of Bane and Catwoman are now confirmed for the next instalement of the franchise, as well as which actor and actress will be taking on the roles.




Actress Anne Hathaway has been rumored for Lois Lane in Zack Snyder's Superman Reboot, but now she is officially the new Catwoman. After the last failed attempt at a Catwoman movie, we can only hope Hathaway does the role justice. While it has only been confirmed that Hathaway will play Selina Kyle (Catwoman's alter ego), we can pretty much assume that she'll be Catwoman as well. Now whether Catwoman will be working with or against Batman is another story, since any fan of the comic would no it always been in between with her a Batman.
As for Hardy, he's been rumored to be in this movie for a long time now, but it turns out he's not playing who we all thought. He will be playing popular Batman villain Bane, who also had a failed on screen attempt way back in Batman and Robin the movie. This a comparison with Bane or  "The Man who Broke the Bat" and Tom Hardy.
I makes me curious since Nolan announced this would be his and Bale's last Batman movie if Hardy's Bane will actually brake the Bat to finish off the franchise. I must admit I disappointed that Hardy is not portraying Strange, but I still have full confidence in Nolan and TDKR. What does all this mean? Well Hugo Strange is no longer in The Dark Knight Rises. For some that is a big disappointment, or a relief for others .  Don't worry Batman fans, you'll still get to see Strange in the upcoming video game Batman: Arkham City.
I think that Tom Hardy will be a pretty good Bane, because he was truly terrific in Inception, but I just don't think he fits the character well. Bane is supposed to be Hispanic, and Hardy is British. I don't see that working out but I'm sure Nolan can make it work perfectly, and Hardy was spectacular in both Inception and Bronson (Where he also played a wrestler). Anne Hathaway on the other hand, is a great actress but I really haven't see her in many action films (Unless Get Smart counts). Personally I would have preferred Olivia Wilde for Catwoman, but now I guess the role of Lois Lane is open for her to take instead. I just don't think that she will be fit for the job.

What Do You Think Of The Choices In Casting and Characters For The Dark Knight Rises?